HEALTHCARE TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
InterMed’s Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) service is a unique and innovative single source service solution. With a best-in-class medical equipment inventory, our experienced HTM professionals create and administer a centralized service delivery plan that’s customized to meet your budget.
Our managers, technicians, and engineers directly provide preventive maintenance and repair services on most equipment. When you partner with InterMed, our solutions track and report all necessary data on all of your equipment to meet regulatory standards and drive capital planning and equipment purchase decisions.
As your management agent, InterMed’s mission is to keep the best attributes of outside vendors and their contracts without losing the continuity and value of the centralized HTM program. When outside vendors are inherited or assigned during implementation, InterMed takes as much accountability for their performance as if our own engineers were providing the service.
We utilize a combination of our corporate support resources, computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) known as UMBRELLA, and onsite technical personnel to track the outside vendors regulatory and financial data, and measure and report on their performance.
INVEST IN INTERMED AND RECAPTURE CONTROL OF…
QUALITY, INVENTORY ACCURACY, DATA, SPEND, CAPITAL REPLACEMENT PLANS, STAFF SATISFACTION
Information Integrity: We make sure we capture all the important pedigree details required for a comprehensive physical inventory.
What is an inventory with integrity? The foundation of inventory with integrity is organization – a full assessment of current and previous data collected by your facility and from any outside service vendors. From there we work with you to gain control of key elements that allow your organization to continue onwards in the pursuit being the best from the inside, out:
- Fiscal Responsibility and Oversight
- Quality Management (ISO 9001:2015)
- Technology Assessment
- Capital Planning
- Total Technology Management
- Customized HTM Service
The first step…
To determine if our organizations should work together, the first step is to outline the exploratory process. Decide what is needed by both parties, by when, and make a “handshake” up-front agreement to commit to the following two steps:
The second step is to engage InterMed in a consultative, data-gathering survey. This requires our second up-front agreement that both parties will dedicate the time and resources necessary to complete the survey within a specific timeframe. Our surveys require access to the following three (3) most important categories of data:
- Inventory: Provided by you, we’ll focus on the accuracy of your fixed asset/medical equipment inventory. If you don’t have an accurate inventory, we can explore hiring an InterMed Jump Team to conduct an inventory. $
- Current Contracts Review: Equipment you thought was covered is either covered well, not covered, or double covered. Copies are kept; in a centralized business office, in the department, or nowhere.
- Accounts Payable (AP) Review: Searched by vendor, we’ll find out if your spend; matches the amounts on the contract, conclusively includes your non-contracted spend (“time and materials” as it’s know in our industry), or indicates no spend. No spend records found is an indicator of maintenance not being performed on equipment that should have maintenance.
After we gather, analyze, and report the findings of the data-gathering survey, we come to our second decision about whether it’s a good fit. At this point we create our second up-front agreement about how to proceed, and by when.